Connecting Bose speakers to TV is relatively easy when you have multiple options to choose from. No fancy equipment is required for the setup, only some regular accessories that you may already have.
Without further ado, let’s get to the setup process.
How to Connect Bose Soundbar to TV?
There are mainly three ways to connect Bose speakers to TV, therefore, you can use any of them depending on the accessories available and the TV’s compatibility.
Some newer TVs allow more flexible connections and wider compatibility whereas older models can be connected to the Bose speakers via adapters. These three methods include
- Using HDMI
- Using Optical Cable
- Using Bluetooth
HDMI comes first when it comes to connecting the sound system to the TV for the clearest audio quality. The second spot is grabbed by the optical cable, moreover, Bluetooth is also a good option but the sound quality is a bit muddier.
How to Connect Bose Soundbar to TV With HDMI?
When connecting through HDMI, a specific type of input option should be available such as HDMI ARC. Both devices need to be HDMI-enabled, luckily, many TV models have relevant ports to make your job easier.
First of all, find out that your TV supports HDMI ARC, if it does, proceed with the following steps.
- Turn Off Both Devices – Power off the TV and Bose speaker system before starting the process.
- Get an HDMI Cable – If you do not have one already, get an HDMI cable from the market. It does not require special HDMI cables, any standard HDMI cable would do.
- Connect – Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the Audio Out port whereas the other end gets inserted into the TV’s HDMI ARC port.
- Modify TV’s Audio Settings – Go to the TV’s Audio Output settings located in the Audio section of the TV’s menu. From here, you can modify the output to Bose speaker. Enable ARC and CEC from the TV’s settings as well.
- Change the Speaker’s Audio Settings – The audio input setting of the speaker should also be changed, how it is done varies from model to model. It can be either changed through a switch or settings.
How to Connect Bose Soundbar to TV With Optical Cable?
The next best solution is the optical cable for easier connection.
- Buy an Optical Cable – Get an optical cable long enough to connect both devices.
- Connect – Connect one end of the optical cable to the speaker whereas the other end is connected to the TV’s optical port.
- Change Settings – In the TV’s audio setting, switch the audio output to Optical and the audio source on the Bose’s speaker to Digital.
How to Connect Bose Soundbar to TV Bluetooth?
- Turn on the Bluetooth – Though it is different for different devices, press and hold the Bluetooth button or use the remote control to do so.
- List of Available Devices – Search for the relevant Bluetooth speaker from the available devices, and tap to pair.
No matter what model of Bose speaker or soundbar you own, these three methods will help you connect it to TV.